Two weeks ago, author Benjamin Kane Ethridge asked me join this chain-letter type blog tour and after several email volleys, I finally "got it" and agreed to do it. So here goes.
1) What is the working title of your next book? The working title of my next work is East End Girls, and it's a novella.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book? The idea came a few years ago while I was reading/researching famous historical crimes and thought, what if?
3) What genre does your book fall under? The genre is Horror/Alternate History.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition? If I could choose any actors for a film adaptation of my book, I would want Real British ones. Emily Blunt would be my first choice for the main character.
5) A one-sentence synopsis describing my book: Desperate to follow in her father's footsteps, a young lady crosses paths with Jack the Ripper and discovers the darkness that dwells within a killer.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? It is being published by JournalStone in the "Double Down" series.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? 30 days of NaNoWriMo!
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Stevenson's, Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, but it's a bit of a stretch.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book? I had originally planned it as a short story but was encouraged by my editor, R.J. Cavender, to write it as a novella or novel. Other than that, it was my love of history that inspired the story.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest? It has a historical twist, which I personally enjoy reading.
This blog tour of "The Next Big Thing" continues next Wednesday, December 5th. Keep an eye out for Q & A's with:
Cynthia Vespia, Lou Sylvre, Jerry Wheeler, David-Matthew Barnes, and Derek Johnson.