Tuesday, October 1, 2013

My first ever Dark Delicacies book signing and the WeHo Book Fair in L.A.

 
Saturday, September 28th at 2pm, I had a book signing for East End Girls at the Dark Delicacies store in Burbank, California, along with Lisa Morton and Eric J. Guignard for their Double Down Series Book 2 Smog/Baggage of Eternal Night. Author Edward M. Erdelac was also there, rounding out a small part of the JournalStone author family. And it was Ed's birthday. Glad I made cookies! Christopher C. Payne, the president of JournalStone showed up to keep everybody in line.

It was a lot of fun and great to see everyone, like John Palisano who kindly stopped by to say hello and buy some books. I finally and formally met Del and Sue, which was the best part. I even got to sign some books.
John Skipp showed up and danced a little. Then his director friend, Mike Mendez, of a soon to be released movie - BIG ASS SPIDER - came and had two of my cookies! Better be a good flick, but I have no doubt spider fans everywhere will be crawling all over it.
Afterward, Lisa suggested dinner for some of us at a nearby Thai restaurant, and it was amazing. 

 
Sunday was the West Hollywood Book Fair. I slept in and took my time getting there because I was certain my table slot was at 2pm. Well, I was wrong. After stopping by The Iliad, which is one of the coolest bookstores ever, I headed to the book fair and found out I was supposed to be there at noon to sign with P.S. Gifford.

It was great to see and talk to Brad C. Hodson again.
I'd had more pictures of The Iliad that were really fantastic shots, but they got deleted when my brand new phone died. I'll have to take another trip out there soon for more great pictures and time with friends.

The HWA L.A. Chapter is all kinds of awesome. They always have something going on, are so welcome, friendly, and helpful. Makes me wish I lived just a little bit closer. But what's a four hour drive to be with great friends. It goes by in a flash when I think of the time spent with people I truly enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment